FSD is an international environmental remediation organisation with an emphasis on management of risks posed by explosive remnants of war (ERW) as a result of conflict. We are seeking to recruit Senior Program Officer to support our Country Director in managing our ERW operations in Iraq in response to the crisis related to ISIL.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Director (CD), the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Support the CD in full project cycle management of all mine action activities, i.e. budgeting; project identification; project development; project implementation, monitoring and controlling; and project self-evaluation;
- Support the CD in the programmatic development of the FSD Iraq project portfolio on a policy, coordination and implementation level;
- Provide reports, including periodical analytical reports, and briefings on situations and developments in FSD Iraq relating to Mine Action, including preparation of briefing material for internal and external use and guidance on the Mine Action issues to all Donors and FSD HQ;
- Liaisons with the national authorities in Iraq, international organizations and other stakeholders on the Mine Action issues, e.g. Iraqi ministries and agencies, donors, and NGOs;
- Support the CD in the national capacity building efforts on the operational level in accordance with the established proposals, policies and procedures and FSD core values;
- Supervise all relevant financial and administrative processes;
- Perform general supervision over project activities and manage the FSD Iraq projects in the absence of the CD;
- Perform other duties as required with the relevant host country authorities, international partners and local implementing partners.
- Minimum of five years of experience in middle-management positions, in general humanitarian field operations;
- Excellent planning and tasking skills and confirmed experience in full project cycle management of multi-donor projects;
- Confirmed experience in administrative and financial management of multi-donor projects, grant management, project development and fundraising
- Excellent negotiation, communication and project development/fundraising skills;
- Leadership and experience of interacting in multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Specific programming or project management experience in the area of conflict prevention, stabilisation, early recovery, armed violence reduction and protection
- Programming or project management experience in the area of Mine Action is desirable
- Excellent inter-personal facilitation and communication skills to build trusted relationships with a wide array of humanitarian and development partners, donors, Government agencies, etc
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organisation
- Strong IT command, experience of applying ICT (information communications technology) to knowledge management
- Flexibility, proactive engagement, ability to work under pressure and to demonstrate high tolerance for change, complexity and unpredictability.
Languages: Fluent in spoken and written English